Longville MN Activities
While most guests find that swimming, fishing, touring the shoreline of the lakes or just relaxing around a campfire somehow seem to take up most of the day, there are times when you look for other things to do, and the Longville area has plenty to offer.
Every Wednesday afternoon all summer long – Our World Famous Turtle Races
From Pine Ridge Resort, you can either drive or take your boat into the town of Longville. Full of shops and great places to eat, mini-golf, and our famous turtle races. For someone who has never been there it’s hard to imagine 1000 people getting together every Wednesday afternoon all summer long to race 350 to 400 turtles across a circle in the middle of main street. Officially designated as the Turtle Racing Capital of the World by the Minnesota State Legislature, this is an event for all ages.
Also in Longville are two hard-surfaced tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, basketball courts and one of the largest playgrounds in the area. Great dining is available just a boat ride away or within 10 minutes by car at one of our several excellent restaurants.
Outside of the Longville area, a short drive away, you can find Hiking and Biking Trails, Golf Courses, Horseback Riding, and much more.
- Deep Portage Nature Conservation Area
- The Longville Arts Center is open daily with Art lessons and gallery
- Northern Lights Casino for gaming & entertainment
- Chippewa National Forest
- Itasca State Park The headwaters of the Mississippi River
- Minnesota’s Forest History Center
- Dozens of Antique Shops and Thrift Stores
- Boy River and Leach Lake Activities