Longville MN Activities
While most guests find that swimming, fishing, touring the shoreline of the lakes or just relaxing around a campfire somehow seem to take up most of the day, there are times when you look for other things to do, and the Longville area has plenty to offer.
Every Wednesday afternoon all summer long – Our World Famous Turtle Races
From Pine Ridge Resort, you can either drive or take your boat into the town of Longville. Full of shops and great places to eat, mini-golf, and our famous turtle races. For someone who has never been there it’s hard to imagine 1000 people getting together every Wednesday afternoon all summer long to race 350 to 400 turtles across a circle in the middle of main street. Officially designated as the Turtle Racing Capital of the World by the Minnesota State Legislature, this is an event for all ages.
Also in Longville are two hard-surfaced tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, basketball courts and one of the largest playgrounds in the area. Great dining is available just a boat ride away or within 10 minutes by car at one of our several excellent restaurants.
For those looking to get some exercise, the Longville Area offers an excellent golf course only minutes from the resort. Biking trails as well as hiking trails are also easily accessible also only a few minutes of driving time away. The Paul Bunyan Trail is an old railroad right-of-way that has been paved and runs from Brainerd to Ackley and then to Walker and ends in Bemidji. Lots of great riding or hiking.
For the kids, we have a beautiful new playground pictured above just 5 minutes from the resort. Besides the play area, there are tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, shuffleboard and bean bar toss games. There is a covered picnic area suitable for larger group gatherings with grills for cooking and public bathrooms.
- Deep Portage Nature Conservation Area: Nature center, hiking trails, summer camps and much more only 20 minutes from the resort. Activities every weekend all summer long.
- The Longville Arts Center is open daily with Art lessons and gallery displays
- Visit the Northern Lights Casino for gaming & entertainment
- Chippewa National Forest
- The jewel of Minnesota’s State Parks – Itasca State Park Minnesota’s famous Itasca State Park and the headwaters of the Mississippi River are only one hour away.
- Minnesota’s Forest History Center: Take a step back in time. Check it out. One of the most visited places in Minnesota, only 1 hour from Pine Ridge Resort.
- Dozens of antique shops
- Canoeing down the Boy River